Subject: Re: 2.0.2 update oddities
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/2005 18:43:08
Hauke Fath wrote:
> You have to extract etc.tgz to some safe place (e.g. mkdir /tmp/newetc ; cd
> /tmp/newetc ; pax -pe -zrf /path/to/etc.tgz) and then point etcupdate(8) to
> the files you just unpacked:
>
> 	etcupdate -a -l -v -b /tmp/newetc
>
> and off you go.
>
> Properly applied, the etcupdate and postinstall combo is the best thing
> since sliced bread.

I know, I'm following the directions you gave last time.  :)  The
problem is that it seems to be comparing my ~/2.0.2/etc/* stuff to /*
instead of /etc/* - see what I mean?

I don't want to create /defaults, /mail, /mtree, and so on -
/etc/defaults, /etc/mail and such are in place.  It shouldn't tell me it
can't find /mail/sendmail.cf either, since /etc/mail/sendmail.cf is there.

This is very simple, so either etcupdate got narfed or I'm too close to
the problem to see what it is.  I'd try reading etcupdate if I'd gotten
more than 2 hours of sleep last night.

Thanks,
Tim

--