Subject: Re: I'm going with netBSd over OpenBSD now
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/2005 09:47:47
Hi,

If you have memory to spare I've found it much much faster to install
only the kernel, base, and etc from sysinst, boot into NetBSD and then
untar the rest of the sets you want from the install media.

Listening to my slow powerbook disks it seems that sysinst isn't
caching very much where full up NetBSD caches nicely.  Though
the other affect is that I mount / and /usr noatime and softdep so
that might be the biggest help.

cheers

bruce

--