Subject: read-only error again
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: f f <unearthlyspectre@yahoo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/2005 18:57:37
NetBSD 1.5 is now installed on my IICX, 8mb ram, 291
root/usr, and 26 swap and 20mb hfs. I can boot
flawlessly, and I can get to the prompt and it is
pretty much functioning. Whenever I try to set up X11,
though, I can't change the .conf file for X, because I
get the error that I am using a "read-only
filesystem." This same thing happened with OpenBSD, as
I mentioned.

I can't boot info multi-user, I guess because when I'm
root, I can't make a new user (see above). If I have
to reinstall it again, it will erase all SANITY from
my week. This is the 7th time trying to get a unix or
linux working on this box. I started with Debian, but
it wouldn't even boot. Then I tried OpenBSD, which I
abandoned, due to its lengthy (12 hours and up)
install procedure.

I need help!