Subject: Re: serial port device names
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/01/2005 01:25:31
In article <8EA47141-73EA-11D9-81BE-0050E4C5D61B@sbcglobal.net>,
	David Schmenk <dschmenk@sbcglobal.net> writes:
> Sorry for what should be an obvious question, but can anyone tell me
> the device names for the serial ports?  Specifically the one with the
> printer icon on it (the default for LocalTalk I think).  I see zsc0 and
> zsc1 print out during boot (along with ztty0 and ztty1) but have no
> device nodes corresponding to either.   This is with the 2.0 kernel.
> I'm trying to connect a Duo 230 to an SE/30 using PPP since finding an
> EtherDock for the Duo is next to impossible.

The modem port (the one with the little phone on it) is "tty00",
the one with the printer icon should be "tty01".

> On a related note, I've had my SE/30 running for two weeks doing
> non-stop package compiles without a hiccup.  Kernel memory usage is
> around 75M on a 128MB SE/30 though.  I suppose that is mostly disk
> cache/buffers?

What does "sysctl vm.nkmempages" say? I believe the formula's been
changed in current. You change that via "options NKMEMPAGES" in the
kernel config. I would try 16384 pages, or half of available RAM.

Frederick