Subject: Re: Powerbook 180?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/13/2004 08:05:11
On 2004.10.12, at 06:00 PM, Stefan Schumacher wrote:

> An old Powerbook 180 from 1994 was offered to me, and I'm quite
> interested in it (I never had any Apple HW).

     http://www.lowendmac.com/pb/180.shtml
or
     http://www.lowendmac.com/pb/180c.shtml

Hmm. 68882 included. Nice.

> Unfortunately I couldn't find any up to date information about an
> actual NetBSD on it. (NetBSD/mac68k Machine Status is from 1998)

Well, the netbsd/mac68k page says PB 180 since 1.5. No news in this
case is probably good news. Definitely worth a try.

> Can it run 2.0 with X11? I'd like to use it with xpdf at a beamer,
> showing some PDF Slides.

Max 14M RAM. That'll be rough.

> Another HW question: what about the HDD? It's SCSI, but which size?
> 2.5in?

Someone else will have to answer that one.