Subject: Re: OT: Mac monitor on a PC?
To: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/12/2004 22:37:40
On 2004.10.12, at 10:16 PM, Julio M. Merino Vidal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've an "Apple Multiple Scan 15 Display" monitor connected to my
> Performa 630.

Maybe this will help?

> The Performa has a non-VGA connector (I don't know its technical
> name), while
> the monitor has a standard VGA connector.  Both are connected with a
> cable that
> has these different connectors, one in each end.

Hmm?

Well, now that I look at my p630 and 15" Multiscan, I see you are
right. Learn something new every day.

> My question is... can I connect this monitor to a PC?  As it has a
> standard
> connector in it, I guess the answer is "yes", but I'm afraid it can be
> damaged.

My memory is that was the whole point behind multiscan (at that time,
anyway). The Apple page does show compatibility with VGA in some modes.

You might plug "Apple Multiple Scan 15 Display" in at

     http://www.apple.com/support/

and check some of the other pages that show up.