Subject: Re: Untested NetBSD 2.0 RC2 build for Mac68k softfloat
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/2004 23:21:23
> This is on ftp://ftp.ziaspace.com/pub/NetBSD/m68k.

Thought I'd take a stab at this, in hopes that the SCSI driver changes
might have improved things with my Performa 630, but I hit a
showstopper right off using the install kernel.

Went to load the base packages via ftp, and I used

ftp.ziaspace.com     as the server
pub/NetBSD/m68k/NetBSD-2.0_RC2-mac-softfloat     as the base directory
mac68k/binary/sets     as the sets source directory

and it dies trying to CWD in. The complaint (also hand copied. I'm too
lazy to set up a terminal, as usual.) is

     The CWD command (without a directory), which is required by RFC 1738
     to support the empty directory in the URL pathname (`//') conflicts
with
     the server's conformance to RFC 959. Try the same URL without the
// in
     the in the URL pathname.

Tried using ed to edit sysinstall, but it bombed and told me there was
not enough memory to do that. (Would increasing the memory of the
booter help? I'm thinking the booter is gone by that point.)

Any ideas? Should I report a bug?

--
Joel Rees