Subject: Re: KDE or GNOME on a Quadra @ 25MHZ?
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Michael <macallan18@earthlink.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/08/2004 13:27:35
Hello,

> > I even can run Mosaic (an old browser written in motif)
>
> You have a working copy of NCSA Mosaic?  I would love to get my hands
> on the source....

What's wrong with mMosaic pkgsrc? I remember running Mosaic 2.7.something with LessTif 0.7 or so on a HP9000/345 running NetBSD 1.1 ages ago - sort of usable ( problems were related to imperfections in LessTif which should be fixed by now, not speed ), and these days you can even choose between OpenMotif and LessTif ( I guess on a 68k box you'd use whatever is smaller ).
The original source is here ftp://ftp.ncsa.uiuc.edu/Mosaic/Unix/source/Mosaic-src-2.7b5.tar.gz - obviously didn't change for almost 10 years now - can't be too complicated to compile when I managed to get it to work in 1995 or so when I hardly knew anything about UNIX.

have fun
Michael