Subject: Re: File system full errors
To: None <lazlohol@blade.redrum.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/2004 07:57:30
>> What machine is this on? You may have to use the SBC kernel - this is
>> reminiscent of an error I got on my LCIII, which was resolved by
>> using SBC.
>
> i had typed this in here at one point, but must have deleted it...
>
> the machine is (from dmesg):
>   Apple Macintosh Quadra 650  (68040)

That's a full 68040, unless you've done something silly like swapping
it out.  <8-P

I've been having problems with this on a perform 630. Can't even get
1.6.2 or 2.0 beta to load, SBC or otherwise. I'm hoping the floating
point fixes that Scott and Julio have brought in will maybe take care
of this.

(I should have submitted a bug report, but I simply ran out of time.
Won't get a chance to look at the latest compiles until this weekend at
the earliest.)

>> -Claudio
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:24:05AM -0400, ray canfield wrote:
>>>
>>> when adding v1.6.2 tars to a v1.4 system, i get a "no space left on
>>> device"
>>> but there is certainly lots of room left on the partition.
>>>
>>> anyone know (remember) if there is a size limit in the v1.4 kernel
>>> for disk?

But for all that, what sizes and counts of files are you dealing with?
Have you checked that you aren't running out of inodes?

--
Joel Rees
     If Microsoft is effectively taxing the internet,