Subject: Re: explain gcc and where do I get it
To: Michael Mielko <michaelmielko@mac.com>
From: J. Benedict <raoul@olympus.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/29/2004 15:40:40
>thank you to all of you who helped me with my first basic questions.
>
>Now, what is the gcc compiler and where do I get it ? I would want
>to run it on a mac OS X (Dual processor G4 ) machine.

gcc compiles your source code so that the OS can understand what to do with it.

The best thing to do is to get the Mac OS X Developer Tools cd and
install it.  It should have come with the OS when you bought it.  You
*did* buy it, didn't you?

There is tons of stuff from the GNU people at gnuosx.org .  Apple
also has a pretty good selection of free stuff available at
http://macosx,com/downloads.

>Can I cross compile from mac os X to the mac 68030 machine
>(Macintosh performa 460)

Yes.

>How would I configure everything.... ?

The question you ask is way too broad. RTFM and, if you have
questions based on something you have done, come back and ask
specific questions.

jeff

--
Jeffrey E. Benedict                     raoul@olympus.net
"Herring communicate with each other via a high-pitched, 'raspberry'-like