Subject: Re: Successful installation plus comments
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/16/2004 15:35:45
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:20:20 -0500 (CDT)
Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> wrote:

> There is PR 25086. I would suggest you put your updated patch up on
> ftp.netbsd.org (made properly with "cvs add" and "cvs diff -Nu") and
> post the URL to the PR, while to port-m68k and port-mac68k, post the
> URL and ask if anyone objects to your committing it.

Ok, I'll do it.

> No, but I would never see that doing upgrades. One question: are
> sysinst and the other utilities on the ramdisk built soft-float with
> your patches? It might not be a bad idea to build sysinst soft-float
> by default, but it surely needs it for the MKSOFTFLOAT case.

Yes; everything is built with the soft-float patch.  And I haven't seen
core dumps during the installation (nor with ls at the shell)...

> Is it a Comm Slot card?

Ehh... new terminology here.  You mean if it is a card connected to a
slot similar to pci?  If so, yes, it is.  Why?

Thanks

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv@menta.net>
http://www.livejournal.com/users/jmmv/