Subject: Re: Copying a "large" file
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/15/2004 23:01:48
> I've also tried to setup tcp/ip in Mac OS 8 (so I could download the
> file
> with netscape), but it never produces any activity in the network.  I'm
> sure I'm missing some extra program, because I got tcp/ip working with
> the Mac OS 7.something that came with it (it has extra stuff
> installed).
> What do I need?

Mac OS 8 has a fairly advanced system extensions manager. It should be
in the control panels. If you run that, you should be able to tell if
your mac-side lan stuff got installed. If you don't think it did, run
the installer again and do a custom install. Make sure the network
stuff is selected.

> Or maybe I could "compress" the file (with stuff(1)) and split it into
> multiple disks?

Well, I wouldn't want to do that, myself.

--
Joel Rees
     Complaining about systems that are incomplete misses the point.