Subject: losing Control Panel settings?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/14/2004 22:05:57
I've got a IIci on which I'm running NetBSD/mac68k.

However, every time I power it off, when it comes back up, 32-bit
addressing is disabled in the control panels and the booter refuses to
boot in consequence.

This is not the problem described in FAQ item 3.9.  First, I _am_ using
internal video, sometimes with a monitor, sometimes with a paperclip
jumper.  Second, when I get the error, 32-bit addressing is in fact off
when I go check the Memory control panel; turning it back on and
picking Special->Restart cures the problem - until next power-down.

Now, it also loses the time when I power down, from which I infer that
some internal battery is dead or some such.  But how could that affect
Control Panel settings?  They're saved on disk, no?  Certainly the date
and time format settings are saved across power-downs; I tried it.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign