Subject: Re: dmesg showing hardware that apparently I don't have
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dbolgheroni@unifei.edu.br>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/04/2004 19:17:09
On 7/4/04 15:57, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Quadra 650 running NetBSD 1.6.2 and everytime I boot, dmesg
> shows device sn0, which is an ethernet adapter, but I have no ethernet
> adapter at all. Is there any way to use this device?
>
> dmesg:
>
> (...)
>
> sn0 at obio0: integrated Ethernet adapter
> sn0: Ethernet address 08:00:07:d6:d9:b3
>
> (...)
>
> Thank you.

The ethernet adapter on the Q650 is on the mother board. The fact that an
interface is detected *and* the MAC address is reported suggests that you
really have one.... To my knowledge all Q650s came with this device, which
has an AAUI connector on the back of the box (so you need an adapter to use
it with, say, a 10BT network).

HTH,
Mark