Subject: Re: Portuguese Keyboard Support on NetBSD (PR #21430)
To: Nuno Teixeira <nu@nunotex.freeshell.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/03/2004 10:04:39
On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, Nuno Teixeira wrote:

> For about 2 years that I use NetBSD (mac68k/SE/30) and I'm waiting for
> portuguese keyboard support to install it too on my pc.
>
> Why is this PR have not be applied to source. For what I read only i386
> and other major platforms support language keyboard mappings. Is that
> true?

Two developers responded to you with requests that you make your
change a userland keymap. Did you get the responses? If not, please
look at the PR on the website.

> I'm using 1.6.2. Does anyone knows if 2.0 BETA (mac68k) will support
> portuguese (e.g.)?

Since a userland keymap is just a single file and perhaps a trivial
change to the installer, it is still possible to get it into 2.0, if
you submit the change very soon. (Now, if userland keymaps don't work
under mac68k, that would be a different problem.) If you can do that,
and test that it works properly on 2.0_BETA, send it in an email to
gnats-bugs at gnats.NetBSD.org with Subject beginning "Re: kern/21430"
(full title optional -- the robot needs to see Re: kern/21430). Feel
free to CC me, and to CC everyone who responded.

Even if it misses the cut, there's always 2.0_STABLE, 2.1, and so on,
or a user could simply download and install it himself after initially
installing NetBSD in some other language.

Frederick