Subject: QUadra 605 SCSI continued
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: John Klos <john@ziaspace.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 07/01/2004 19:16:33
Hi,

I don't understand the criteria NetBSD uses to decide whether to attempt
to use sync mode, but I have several Q605 systems with 4 gig drives which
are set to use sync mode, and I have a 50 gig SCSI which NetBSD uses in
async mode. While trying to figure out why Q605s lock up, I figured I'd
try the 50 gig since it's the only drive that doesn't automatically use
sync mode, and the system has been compiling for two days straight.

Anyone have any guesses? Anyone remember off the top of her / his head how
to tell the system to only use async for a particular bus / drive? (I'm
sure I can find it if I looked hard enough...)

Thanks,
John Klos