Subject: Re: ISO image of NetBSD 2.0_BETA/mac68k (2004-06-12)
To: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/21/2004 18:37:17
On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Joel Rees wrote:

> > I've made an ISO CD image of releng's latest daily snapshot, and
> > uploaded it to:
> >
> > ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/iso/NetBSD-2.0_BETA-
> > 20040612/mac68kcd.iso
> >
> > I've only tested that the image can be burned to a CD, and that the CD
> > can be read on i386; the CD-ROM drive on my Mac can't read the media.
>
> Is that a question?

No? I did a little experimenting, and found that the old Apple 300i
can read Memorex 48X CD-R media (burned at 24X for good measure), but
not TDK CD-RW. I burned another image with "--macbin", too, so that
the Booter program on the CD can be executed directly. This installed
fine, and appears to be fine.

The updated image may now be found at the same URL:

 ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/iso/NetBSD-2.0_BETA-20040612/mac68kcd.iso

Note: the progress bar appears to be broken. There have been a lot of
pull-ups to 2.0 in the past weeks, including some to "sysinst", but
that was the most recent successful build.

Frederick