Subject: Re: What would you consider to be the "best" system for NetBSD/mac68k?
To: Robert Swindells <rjs@fdy2.demon.co.uk>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 06/08/2004 04:27:17
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:10:25AM +0100, Robert Swindells wrote:
> Michael Zucca wrote:
> >I've sent in preliminary DMA support for the AV's in the form of a PR.
> >However, the performance still isn't great because while the data gets
> >moved with the DMA engine instead of the CPU, the NCR SCSI chip doesn't
> >ship much data because it's stuck in asyc transfer mode. Some work needs
> >to happen to get synchronous transfers to work. If synchronous transfers
> >worked, I have no doubt that DMA transfers would be quite fast, even in
> >their preliminary state. Furhter optimizations could happen on the DMA
> >transfers after that but they are window dressing compared to getting
> >sync transfers to work.
>
> Any chance of generating diffs of this ?

For the preliminary DMA support or the sync transfer stuff? The DMA
support is referenced in PR #24883. As far as I know, nobody has sync
transfers working.
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 28 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++