Subject: Re: What would you consider to be the "best" system for NetBSD/mac68k?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/31/2004 21:04:45
> I've been running FreeBSD on my PCs for a while now, but have a huge load of
> Macs downstairs I would like to run NetBSD on. If at all possible, I would
> like to get the better choices running first. My question, then, is this:
> what would you consider to be the "best" (hardware compatibility, speed,
> etc.) to run NetBSD on?

My IIci has had great compatibility, though the speed has sometimes been
less than desirable (it *is* a little 25MHz '030, though).

If I had my pick of any Mac, I'd pick a later Quadra with a *real* '040,
otherwise any '030 with an FPU wouldn't be bad (except perhaps the IIsi,
even though the IIsi was my first Mac and holds a special place in my heart).

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- Why, I'd horsewhip you if I had a horse! -- Groucho Marx -------------------