Subject: Re: 23 May build for Mac68k softfloat
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/27/2004 06:39:02
Hi, Gerardo,

On 2004.5.27, at 12:57 AM, Gerardo Alvarez wrote:

> I think that internal HD is IDE.

Right.

> See http://www.lowendmac.com/quadra/q630.shtml

Thanks.

> So I guess (unless you are using an external HD) it is unimportant
> wether you pick the SBC kernel or not. Am I wrong?

Internal HD is a Conners 250MB and I think it's losing data. I have a
4GB external SCSI. Is there a reason I should use the internal drive?

Does netBSD boot from IDE drives? I thought I had read that it still
wasn't quite working, so I wasn't even trying that. Might be worth
giving it a try tonight.

> In that case, the internal disk is referred to as wd0 , not sd0.

Right.

--
Joel Rees
     Complaining about systems that are incomplete misses the point.