Subject: Re: 23 May build for Mac68k softfloat
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joel Rees <joel_rees@sannet.ne.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/26/2004 22:20:26
Okay, I tried mounting /dev/sd0a on /targetroot and cp -R -p, but that
started a timeout cycle. Copying by hand, the .profile file went okay
without the -p option, but INSTALL.more and sysinstall with the -p
option start timeout cycles. Could it be the -p option? I should check
that.

Sizes reported by list:
     INSTALL.more      151863
     sysinst                  1359848
Are those reasonable?

The timeout cycles look something look this (copied by hand):

     sd0(esp0:0:0:0) esp0: timed out [ecb 0x104b000 (flags 0x1, dleft
10000, stat 0)] <state 5, nexus 0x104b000, phase (l 3, c 0, p 0), resid
10000, msg (q 0, o 0) DMA active> AGAIN
     sd0(esp0:0:0:0) esp0: timed out [ecb 0x104b000 (flags 0x41, dleft
10000, stat 0)] <state 5, nexus 0x104b000, phase (l 3, c 0, p 0), resid
10000, msg (q 20, o 0) DMA active> AGAIN
     cd0: async, 8-bit transfers
     sd0: waiting for pack to spin up ...

On copying INSTALL.more, the above was repeated eight times total,
except the cd message was only there the first time. Then it completed,
and it looked like the file made it alright, but I couldn't find a diff
to check. So I tried copying sysinstall, and the machine's been doing
the timeout cycles for over an hour.

Anyway, I know I get the timeout cycles with the SBC kernel, as well.

Oh. The controller is NCR 53C96. The machine is a Performa 630 with 36M
RAM. That's probably as far as I'm going to get tonight.