Subject: Re: Booting 1.6.2 on Q700
To: Paul Sander <paul@wakawaka.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/2004 01:54:13
> > With 1.6.x you probably should use sysinst rather than the MacOS installer.
>
> The sysinst program doesn't seem to be available for the Mac-68k port.
> At least, I can't find it on the FTP site.

What he means is the sysinst kernel. It's booted and run like any other
kernel, except that it's specific for installation. It comes with the
1.6.2 standard distribution, and is on the mac68k .iso image (I used it
on my 1.6.x 68Ks, so I know it's there ^_^).

The sysinst method is now so easy to use that the Installer, IMHO, is
primarily for archaeologic interest only. :)

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- What happens when you get scared half-to-death twice? ----------------------