Subject: Re: Booting 1.6.2 on Q700
To: None <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org, timmcn@bitstream.net>
From: Paul Sander <paul@wakawaka.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 05/25/2004 01:29:54
>--- Forwarded mail from edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org

>With 1.6.x you probably should use sysinst rather than the MacOS installer.

The sysinst program doesn't seem to be available for the Mac-68k port.
At least, I can't find it on the FTP site.

>That said, what happens if you just wait a bit?  I've had cases where I
>had not made the right devices and it just took a while (5 mins?) to make the
>proper devices and continue.

I've left it for several hours, and it never broke out.

>The other thing to try is booting the install kernel.  Does it boot?
>Can it see the disk?

The mini shell in the installer can ls everything in the root directory
on the root partition.  There have been times when I would do that and
I would get a message like

fsstab:  No such file or directory

that would be displayed right after the directory entry for /var but
since my last attempt to install this has disappeared.