Subject: Re: 2.0 ... what's in it for me?
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/30/2004 13:54:51
On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 12:43:45PM -0500, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:
> Yes, I thought good threading was something of a prerequisite to SMP.
> What does threading do for us on a non-MP system?  Can the kernel
> scheduler get things done more efficiently with threaded apps?

Well, I don't want to try to go into the details on it here, but
basically the native threading should be both more efficient and
more robust than the various thread packages that have been used
up to now.  Also, it provides one thread implementation so there
is no longer any debate over which thread package to use...  ;-)

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/