Subject: Re: q950 status on current
To: None <zuse@libero.it>
From: Robert Swindells <rjs@ren.fdy2.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/2004 23:29:25
Riccardo Mottola wrote:
>someone here spoke about improving q950 support, adding ADB support.

That was me.

I wasn't subscribed to the list at the time, I'm sorry I have not sent
a reply to your email yet.

>SO I was curious about the current status and tried to load a kernel
>from th mac partition on my q950.

>The 1.6.2 generic kernel gets quite far: I get video output and dmesg seem
>to recognize many things and of course panic at not finding a root.

>2.0 beta kernel though, gotten from releng, the latest mac68k I find,
>gives me only a white screen after leaving from the booter.

Current from a couple of days ago gives video output.

It is a holiday weekend here, I'm planning to work on ADB and a floppy
disk driver using the IOP.

I may commit some of my ADB changes anyway, but leave the IOP support
disabled at the top level.

Robert Swindells