Subject: Re: 2.0 ... what's in it for me?
To: Mark Benson <markbenson@mac.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/29/2004 09:21:06
On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 08:25:09AM +0100, Mark Benson wrote:
> As SMP is Synchronous Multi-Processing, I doubt there is much in it for

That's usually Symmetric Multi-Processing.  That's not the only change
by a long shot.  Erik posted a link to the changelog.  There's a lot of
good stuff in there, including a rather nice (in my opinion, anyway ;-)
native threading library.

Also, remember that this is a volunteer project--if you'd like to
contribute, your contributions would be most welcome.  If you're
looking for a project, I'm sure one could be found...  :-)

> similar features do in Mac OS X (which is after all FreeBSD based thus

Actually, a fair bit of OS X comes from NetBSD.  At least used to.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/