Subject: Re: Is this card supported ?
To: Shigeki UNO <shigeki@mediawars.ne.jp>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@augustmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/26/2004 18:26:12
On Apr 26, 2004, at 1:59 PM, Shigeki UNO wrote:

> Chip:  SONIC DP83934AVQB
>
> APPLE ETHER NB TWISTED-PAIR CARD
>

>  If possible, I'd like to use it with Centris650 (with FPU) which I'd
> like
> it to run as a ADSL router, NAT and firewall.
>
>  I've found it at Auction site in Japan and if that works well under
> NetBSD,
> I'll buy it.
>
> Any comments?

This card wasn't supported the last time I checked.  The "ae" driver
finds it, but it can't determine the RAM size.  It is also sold as a
Dayna model M0437Z/B.

Two cards that work fine are the Apple LC Twisted-pair card with Sonic
chip DP83934BVUL.  It works with the "sn" driver.

The other card is an Asante MacCON III+ card with a DP83902AV chip.  It
works with the "ae" driver.

-bob