Subject: Fwd: booting netbsd on LCIII
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/21/2004 17:12:05
On Apr 20, 2004, at 12:03 AM, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
> The NetBSD boot process does not require a FPU.  OTOH, the OpenBSD
> will not let you run their boot program without a FPU.

	As far as I know, the OpenBSD port uses the same Booter as us.
It does not check for a FPU, only for the MMU.

	Note that there is a newer Booter (2.0.1a6) here:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pear_computers/Booter2.0.1a6.sea
for those who have time & motivation to test. Biggest change
is that it now correctly warns about stripped kernel files or
TARed a.out kernel files, and allows booting from TARed ELF
kernel files.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au | "In this city I confess
Telstra BI&D, Sydney, Australia       |  god is mammon, more is less