Subject: Re: Everybuddy IM Client and nAIM and NetBSD 2.0 (oh my!)
To: Joey C <joeyjwc@rcn.com>
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2004 07:47:46
> Hi,
> I've been having a few problems with getting a good IM client for my Performa
> 450 (LCIII) running NetBSD 1.6.1.  First, I sent an email about TIK to this
> mailing list.  Forget it.  I've given up with TIK.  I then tried nAIM.  I
> installed nCurses and then installed nAIM using the PACKAGE INSTALLER FOR MAC
> OS (the one that is used to install the kernel and base packages; is that
> possibly the problem?).

pkg_add from NetBSD would make more sense. When you run pkg_info, what
comes up?

naim works fine on my NetBSD/macppc box. However, if you want a slightly
easier IM client (install-wise), consider installing python and msnlib.
MSNlib gives you a nice, simple MSN Messenger client that works very well
and has support for a large number of basic text features.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser@floodgap.com
-- Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working if you open windows.