Subject: Everybuddy IM Client and nAIM and NetBSD 2.0 (oh my!)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joey C <joeyjwc@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2004 10:02:58
Hi,
	I've been having a few problems with getting a good IM client for my Performa
450 (LCIII) running NetBSD 1.6.1.  First, I sent an email about TIK to this
mailing list.  Forget it.  I've given up with TIK.  I then tried nAIM.  I
installed nCurses and then installed nAIM using the PACKAGE INSTALLER FOR MAC
OS (the one that is used to install the kernel and base packages; is that
possibly the problem?).  At the Washington University Archive, there was no
binary package for Mac-68k for nAIM, so I chose m68k.  I booted up NetBSD
version 1.6.1, typed naim, and it said:

mac68k# naim
/usr/libexec/ld.so: naim: libncurses.so.5.2: No such file or directory

I tried /usr/libexec/ld.so and it said "Segmentation fault (core dumped)".  Is
that normal?

I tried moving the entire contents of /lib to /usr/lib, as that has helped in
the past, but nAIM still can't find libncurses.so.5.2.  Can anyone help with
this?

	I then tried everybuddy, hoping that would work.  Well, when I type
/usr/libexec/everybuddy/everybuddy (the everybuddy in /bin just hangs), it
comes up, says that the AIM Service Can't Be Reached, puts up the little AIM
window (I'm using TWM as a window manager), says that it falls back to black
and white (I haven't installed color X yet), and 70% of the text doesn't
exist and the other 20% is barely readable.  For example, if I go to
preferences, I can see the text in the tabs, but not the text that's next to
the check boxes.  Is this a graphics card or a font problem?  Is it possibly
because I'm not using color X?  I then look at the buddy list.  The entire
spot where the buddy list should be is black.  Can anyone help me here?

	I'd just like a simple IM client (text based would be fine) to use so that I
can play a game on one computer and be able to recieve instant messages on
another.

	I thought I read somewhere that NetBSD 2.0 for Mac-68k port was supposed to
come with color X.  Is that true?  Should I wait until NetBSD 2.0 comes out
and try fixing everything then?  Thanks for your help.

--
111
010