Subject: RE: booting netbsd on LCIII
To: , <hybriz@rego-security.com>
From: Joey C <joeyjwc@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/2004 12:02:36
Hi there,
	If you are trying to save space by not installing Mac OS, I have
a solution.  The easiest way to boot up NetBSD, as I've found, is to
take an OS 7.5 Emergency Boot Floppy Disk and copy its contents to your
hard drive.  Then, you only need about 2 megabytes for a Mac HFS
partition (more is better).  I then just installed the necessary
extensions (i.e. SoftFPU, CD Controller, etc.) and was able to boot up
NetBSD fine.  I'd recommend putting a 1 GB hard drive in the computer.
I use a Quantum Fireball.  If you're trying to save space, this is the
best way in my opinion.  Good luck.

111
010
110 OEY