Subject: TIK problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joey C <joeyjwc@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/16/2004 19:00:01
Hi,
	I'm using TIK Instant Messenger Client, but I have problems.  I
have an LCIII (Performa 450).  I installed the required packages via the
NetBSD Installer for Macintosh.  It seems as though I have to move the
/lib and /libexec files to /usr/lib and /usr/libexec, respectively.  I
start up X and up comes a login terminal and a X-Term Terminal.  If I
type tik in the login terminal, it comes up with "AOL Instant
Messenger." in the terminal window, X crashes, and says broken pipe.  If
I type tik in X-Term, it comes up with "AOL Instant Messenger." in the
terminal window, and the whole system hangs!  What is going on and how
can I fix it?  Is it possibly due to the fact that my screen is set to
black and white X?  If someone could tell me a different instant
messaging client that they use on Mac68k-NetBSD, that would be great
also.  Thank you very much.

111
010
110 OEY