Subject: ffs creation, FAQ? (was df gives me funny numbers...)
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: J. MacPhail <jrm@kw.igs.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2004 03:30:41
On Thu, Jan 01, 1970 at 10:02:28AM +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> That struck a bell, so I dug in the archives and found that someone
> had warned me previously that the file system built by mkfs was
> funky.

Somehow I don't seem to have noticed such a warning in the Mkfs doc,
the FAQ, or in the install document.  Or maybe there was a mild
warning which I ignored because I didn't have a better solution than
Mkfs.  And I did have trouble.  Should there be a prominent warning?

I want to ask more generally about accessing ffs from outside BSD.  My
Debian systems seem to have only rather shaky ffs support (set up as
ufs with some arguments, recommended to be read-only).  What are the
recommended methods for dealing with ffs from Linux?

--
John