Subject: SBC vs NCR
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2004 15:35:32
I've got an SE/30 which theoretically doesn't need the patches
implimented by the SBC scsi driver varient to operate.  Running
1.6-stable from approx 2 weeks ago (Hey, a world takes awhile on
this thing to build!) I notice that if using the NCR driver, I can
access my cdrom, and zip drive, but the box will randomly panic
durring heavy disk io.  I also panic every shutdown with the
following:

syncing disks... done
sd0(ncrscsi0:0:0:0): polling command not done
panic: scsipi_execute_xs
Stopped in pid 205 (reboot) at cpu_Debugger+0x6: unlk a6

Now, if I use the SBC driver, the box is solid as a rock, unless I
try to access any device other than sd0.  Doing that results in a
panic.

Suggestions?

Joshua Coombs