Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 for non FPU macs
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2004 06:09:51
On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, Bruce O'Neel wrote:

> No, without my patches the -msoft-float in cflags won't work.  The first problem
> is that there is some assembly language fadd/fsub/etc instructions scattered about.
> The second problem is that libc needs to have a full gcc fp emulator and it doesn't
> have that.  My patches basically take care of both of those cases.
>
> Thanks, I'd misunderstood Fredrick's suggestion.  My patches should allow the
> non -msoft-float build to build as it builds now.
>
> How do I submit my patches?

I would recommend to pull a cvs diff against the tree, say:

  cd /usr/src
  cvs -q diff $(cat list_of_files) > ~/floating_point.diff

Then "send-pr", and read your diff into the body of the PR with
":r ~/floating_point.diff". For category, I expect you should use
pseudo-port "port-m68k". By the way, you might like to subscribe to
the lightly trafficed "port-m68k" mailing list.

Regards,

Frederick