Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 for non FPU macs
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/02/2004 11:20:41
Hi,

No, without my patches the -msoft-float in cflags won't work.  The first problem
is that there is some assembly language fadd/fsub/etc instructions scattered about.
The second problem is that libc needs to have a full gcc fp emulator and it doesn't
have that.  My patches basically take care of both of those cases.

Thanks, I'd misunderstood Fredrick's suggestion.  My patches should allow the
non -msoft-float build to build as it builds now.

How do I submit my patches?

thanks!

cheers

bruce