Subject: Re: Nubus Probing
To: David Rogers <davidrogers23@earthlink.net>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/2004 15:57:20
David Rogers wrote:
> So I've been working on the radius rocket.  The kernel finds and
> attaches it.  But now I need to dig around inside the rom.  Using
> Macsbug I tried dm feed0000(since it's in slot e) and all I can find is
> this repeating over and over as I step through.
>
> ...^ ...^ ...^ ...^
>
> I also issued a drvr command and found the driver base, would that be a
> better place to search?

If I remember correctly, NuBus ROMs start at the _end_ of the slot's
address space and work their way back. If you look at Apple's old OS 9
tools, there was a tool that helps you examine the SlotManager
information on cards graphically. This will give you addresses and then
you can take a look at those addresses in macsbug, or my favorite: dump
the code to a file, open it in a hex editor, copy and paste to ResEdit
CODE editor, and enjoy symbolic assembly dumps.

  Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org
  "I'm too old to use Emacs." -- Rod MacDonald