Subject: Re: NetBSD 2.0 for non FPU macs
To: Bruce O'Neel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/01/2004 10:17:51
At 2:35 PM +0000 4/1/04, Bruce O'Neel wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks.  The problem with my fixes is that one builds two sets of binaries.
>
>In one case you build the normal binaries with inline f instructions.
>In the other case you build them using -msoft-float to gcc and you have
>no f instructions.

Right, but it would be beneficial for all if you *could* build those
2 sets of binaries...without your patches, will just doing an
-msoft-float build actually build a working non-fp set? IIUC, your
patches allow the msoft-float to work, they don't force it. So there
would be no downside to them being included in the general release
(you just don't build with -msoft-float for the mainstream distro).

Frederick was suggesting that you get the source code changes
committed, not that we commit to your (non-fp) build type as the main
one.

Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.