Subject: Boot error: This kernel is not in a format which the booter can execute.
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lesniak <mlesniak@vt.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/12/2004 05:32:17
Hello,

I can't get my installation to boot.

I have an SE/30 w/ IIsi ROM  w/ 128mb RAM
a seagate 2gb drive, at ID 2, the / & user partition, 1gb,  sits on the
front of the drive, right next to the driver, the swap is 384mb.

I have 2 more partitions on the drive, right now, unformatted mac
partitions, on the end of the drive.

right now, I have the installer and booter on another disk (ID 0)

I also have a cd-rom (while installing, the SE/30 is naked, with every
drive connected to the internal bus)
The cd was a downloaded iso of version 1.6.1 release

the error I see is:

Booting... transparent = 1
Boot error: This kernel is not in a format which the booter can execute.
*********** Booting Stopped ***********
Restoring Monitor settings...
*********** Booting Stopped ***********
Restoring Monitor settings...

I tried installing the other kernel (BC), still gives the same message.

I am a unix neophyte, but I followed the traditional install
instructions, which went without a hitch after I put the / partition at
the front of the drive.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,
mL