Subject: Re: 1.6.2 softfloat build
To: Bruce ONeel <edoneel@sdf.lonestar.org>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/2004 03:41:18
At 3:26 PM +0100 04.3.8, Bruce ONeel wrote:

>Thanks to  Kazuyuki Inanaga
>for writing, debugging, and then testing, there are now
>some smaller 030 config files and kernels/install kernels
>there as well.  These are a bit fluid as he gets a chance
>to test (030 machines are slow) and we work out what make
>sense to include and remove.  These kernels will help
>those of you with 030s with small memory.

I'm very glad to see NetBSD-1.6.2 is running excellently on my Duo
with NetDock or LCIII+ with small RAM.

Thank you so much for giving me a good chance to learn NetBSD.
I'm also really appreciate your:

"lc040-softfloat-20040307-1.6.2.tar.gz"
http://edoneel.chaosnet.org/Downloads.html
>Patch file to apply to the source of 1.6.2 to build with soft-float and
>to also build the above two kernels. You MUST set MKSOFTFLOAT to "yes".
>For help look in BUILD.help. - lc040-softfloat-20040307-1.6.2.tar.gz

This is very useful !!     (Do you need "lc040"?)

I'm sorry for my delay about supporting SCSI to Ethernet adapters.
Although formal release 1.6.2 has a problem with se* (same as 1.6.1),
it's not easy work for me (^^;

-------------------------

Question (to all) about the conf file:
Are these Compatibility options needed especially before NetBSD 1.4?

# Compatibility options
options 	COMPAT_10	# NetBSD 1.0,
options 	COMPAT_11	# NetBSD 1.1,
options 	COMPAT_12	# NetBSD 1.2,
options 	COMPAT_13	# NetBSD 1.3,
options 	COMPAT_14	# NetBSD 1.4,
options 	COMPAT_15	# NetBSD 1.5,
options 	COMPAT_16	# NetBSD 1.6,
options 	COMPAT_43	# and 4.3BSD

"OPTIONS(4)  NetBSD Kernel Interfaces Manual"
http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?options+.mac68k+NetBSD-current

I'm wondering it because I made a kernel without Compatibility Options
under 1.4, it seems to work properly ...(not quite sure)

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga