Subject: Re: 1.6.2 install on SE/30 == panic
To: Joshua Coombs <jcoombs@gwi.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/09/2004 01:28:27
Hi,

At 10:35 PM -0500 04.3.7, Joshua Coombs wrote:
>After toying with Debian trying to get Opie to build, I decided to
>sling NetBSD back on my SE/30.  Much to my surprise, the sysinst
>kernel panics when attempting it's first ftp download.  I've tried
>repartitioning, formatting the partitions with mkfs in MacOS, with
>no change.  When I tell the installer to start installing via ftp,
>it panics after establishing an FTP session with ftp.netbsd.org and
>setting up a passive transfer of the kernel.
>
>Anyone have suggestions?

My SE/30 got the same panic with 1.6.2 netbsd-INSTALLSBC or
netbsd-INSTALL.gz.

>Kernel Illegal Construction trap.

I also tried it on the other SE/30, and got the same panic. So, it is
not a hardware problem. Needless to say? ;)

'1.6.1 netbsd-INSTALLSBC' works on SE/30.  I installed 1.6.2 basic
binary set with using it.

I know this is not the answer for you. I'd like to know why does
"Kernel Illegal Construction trap" happen on SE/30.

Thanks,
Kazu Inanaga