Subject: Re: Minor bugs and a few questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Juliusz Chroboczek <jch@pps.jussieu.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/04/2004 21:37:41
>> While I have your ear, do people have any ideas how to make the kernel
>> smaller?

KI> I think your 1.2 MB kernel is very small already.

After double checking, it's actually 1.2 MB text.  The file size is
closer to 1.5 MB.

Looking through what's left, I don't see much that can go.  FPSP is
needed on 68040, right?  There's also softdep for FFS, which I'm using
(will removing it buy me anything?), and the kern and proc filesystems.

>> But RAM used to be cheap.

Yep, but I wanted to test the system before investing anything in it,
and I'm sure I'm not alone.  That's why I think a cheap installation
kernel would be a good thing.

Thanks a lot for your help,

                                        Juliusz