Subject: Re: mysterious problems from floating-point emulation?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/2004 21:14:34
On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 06:43:27PM -0500, J. MacPhail wrote:
> On the other hand, it appears that considerable work already went into
> the FPE, and fixing it might not be too gruesome, if gone about
> properly.  Here are some things that seem needed:

Something else that might be interesting is to look at the software
floating point used by some of the other ports.

I think it would be interesting for someone to look into unifying the
m68k ports a bit more and the builds to allow for fpu-full and fpu-less
variants of m68k systems--also to allow for more shared work.  It seems
like a waste for the auto-builds to be building N different-yet-almost-
the-same m68k builds right now.

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/