Subject: Re: virtual terminals?
To: Tim & Alethea Larson <thelarsons3@cox.net>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/24/2004 21:06:44
On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, Tim & Alethea Larson wrote:

> The docs I've read must be horribly outdated...I thought we were limited
> to booting 1-bit video on the 68k Macs.  Please, tell me I can use
> higher bit depth video now!  (Of course, my main NetBSD machine is a
> SE/30, so it won't make any difference until the Q840 is running.)

NetBSD/mac68k always supported *booting* at higher depths, but it was
meaningless without X support. Now, while the X server included with
the distribution is B&W, there have been color servers floating around
for quite a while. Look here:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/contrib/Xmac68kColor/

Frederick