Subject: Re: PowerBook Duo 230 (68030 -fpu)
To: Lucas Reddinger <listbox@wingedleopard.net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2004 23:20:03
Hi,

I'm glad to know many members have a interest about Duo.

At 10:29 PM -0700 04.2.11, Lucas Reddinger wrote:
>Great. I found two NewerTech Ether MicroDocks on eBay. I jumped on one.
>:D

You are very lucky :) Good luck to you on eBay!

>So how would I go about installing this onto the Duo? I guess I have to
>rely on the MacOS to do the install, then if I get into NetBSD without
>having a way to get files onto it, won't I be stuck?

Daishi Kato and Takeo Kuwata who collaboreted for the driver
"if_netdock_nubus.c" could give us the best answer, I hope it.

Just for instance, my procedure is;

On the another machine:
1. cvs checkout(update) src
2. Make sure /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/if-netdock-nubus.c exists.
3. Edit machine description file in /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf/
    GENERIC(SBC) and INSTALL(SBC) for Duo230 specific;
    ># NuBus Ethernet controllers
    >#ae*          at nubus?      # DP8390-based
    >#sn*          at nubus?      # SONIC-based (DP83932, DP83916)
    >#sm*         at nubus?      # SMC 91cxx-based
    >netdock*    at nubus?      # Asante NetDock, Newer Ether MicroDock
    >
    >#nsphy*  at mii? phy ?
    >#ukphy*  at mii? phy ?

4. Also make sure following 3 lines exist in;
    /usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/conf/files.mac68k
    >device   netdock: ifnet, ether, arp
    >attach   netdock at nubus with netdock_nubus
    >file       arch/mac68k/nubus/if_netdock_nubus.c netdock_nubus

5. ./build.sh release
     or as you like, must be included netbsd-INSTALL(SBC).gz.
6. Put release sets to FTP server.

We don't need to make any changes basically, because it is "supported" :)
I've no time for testing, just guessing, making a proper -current kernel
for Duo 230 is not so easy becuse of FPE and netdock.

CVS log for src/sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/if_netdock_nubus.c
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/sys/arch/mac68k/nubus/if_netdock_
nubus.c?f=h

And also, I posted before twice, -current sysinst is broken?