Subject: Re: PowerBook Duo 230 (68030 -fpu)
To: Lurch <lurch@Project3751.Net>
From: Kazuyuki Inanaga <happyday@pp.iij4u.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2004 12:18:21
Hi,

There are many kinds of Duo Docks. What is yours, next one?

Macintosh Duo Dock

I don't know the recent status about Macintosh Duo Docks, maybe they are
not supported yet. Does anyone have a information about Duo Dock support?

I read Scott Reynolds (mac68k Port Maintainer) is working for Duo Docks.
http://www.netbsd.org/People/Pages/scottr.html
I'm expecting a good news from him.

There are 2 small Docks which are already supported, Asante NetDock and
Newer Ether MicroDock.
Daishi Kato <daishi@axlight.com> wrote the driver "if_netdock_nubus.c" and
Takeo Kuwata <tkuwata@mac.com> cought it up to the 1.5x. Thanks a lot to both.

At 6:47 PM -0600 04.2.11, Lurch wrote:
>Interesting, will 1.6.1 work by default or do I need to use -current before 2.0
>comes out?

Unfortunately, the formal release doesn't contain the option "netdock".
So, we need -current and maybe some works to catch up 1.6Zx.
(I haven't done it yet nor not tested on netbsd-1-6-PATCH002-RC4)

>Also, have you managed to get X working or is it just a straight console?

Duo230 doesn't have FPU. As you know, we can put it on Macintosh Duo Dock
but Macintosh Duo Dock is not supported anyway. I don't like to run X on
a FPU-less machine. I expect the following page is helpfull for our Duo230.

http://edoneel.chaosnet.org/Downloads.html
"Prebuilt NetBSD 1.6.1 for LC040 Macs"
Does this support '030 FPU-less Macs, too? How about "netdock" support?

>Anyways, do you know what type of power connector it's using and where
>I could get an adapter/cord?

Macintosh PowerBook Duo AC Adapter
Apple Model No: M7783
(Model No: M2693 has same connector. It seems to work fine on my Duo230.)

You can find it easily on eBay, but maybe not so easy to get Asante NetDock
or Newer Ether MicroDock. If you find them, do "Buy it Now" immediately :)

Good luck!
Kazu Inanaga