Subject: Asante MCiLC-10T Mac PDS Support?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Joey C <joeyjwc@rcn.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/09/2004 16:23:07
I was trying to set up my new Asante MCiLC-10T PDS Ethernet card on my
Performa 450 (LCIII) in NetBSD, but it doesn't seem to be working.  I
tried using DHCP.  It said that it was sending out a request, but no
DHCP offers were received.  I saw the little orange light blink
indicating that it was trying to send an offer.  I then set it up using
ifconfig.ae0, but that didn't work either because even though I set up
the nameservers in /etc/resolv.conf, I couldn't ping anything nor use
Links to view a website.  Ever time I tried to ping an IP address, it
would just not do anything.  I then tried the option that tells me that
an ping was sent (by a ".") and then received (by a <backspace>).  The
"." was on the screen and it was never deleted.  Here's the weirder
thing: I asked someone to ping my Mac, and they were able to do it fine
without any errors.  Is this a support problem for the MCiLC Ethernet
card?  How can this issue be resolved?  Thank you.

111
010
110 OEY