Subject: Resetting networking parameters
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.org>
From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/2004 17:34:00
I've looked through the docs on the NetBSD Web site and didn't find an
answer to this.  I've installed a router (NetGear RP614v2) into my LAN
so that I can now use my NetBSD box as a Web server, and free up my
personal computer from this task.  Both are on ADSL with static IPs for
the DSL "modem" and for the router, with IP forwarding to the Web
server.  I've just edited the various *.conf files in NetBSD to reflect
the new state of affairs and I'm wondering:

1.  Is there a test I can run to make sure that everything is
consistent before rebooting (e.g., making sure I've got all the files
with IP addresses fixed)?

2.  Do I have to reboot to get the new networking information active,
or is there a way to do it without rebooting?

3.  At this point I'm still using my personal box (Mac OS X 10.3.2) as
the Web server until I get apache installed on my NetBSD/mac68k (Quadra
700).  pkg_add complained that the available version 2.0.44, IIRC)
from the package system had conflicts.  Has that been a problem in
anyone's experience?  There doesn't seem to be a preexisting Web server
installed under NetBSD, so I can't think that it's a conflict with an
earlier version.

Thanks!