Subject: Re: nubus_scan_slot usage
To: David Rogers <davidrogers23@earthlink.net>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/05/2004 00:07:00
On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 04:18:33PM -0600, David Rogers wrote:
> Hi all, I'm not sure but I think that Allen might be the best to answer
> this question.  I was wondering if there are any examples of how to use
> the results from nubus_scan_slot in nubus.h.  Thanks a bunch!

Ummm...  Not really.  I left it in there after writing it (or something
similar) several times.  At least, I think I'm the one who left it in
there...  ;-)  The basic idea is that nubus cards will really only
decode the regions that they actually use, and some cards (especially
ae* and sn*) cards only use a few basic regions.  If we know that, and
we can identify which regions the cards decode, we can look at the
memory there and figure out which region might be used for registers,
etc.

So if I recall correctly, I just threw that into a probe (match) routine
for some existing nubus device with something like:

	if (na->slot == <SomeSlot>)
		nubus_scan_slot(na->na_tag, na->slot);

The right place for it might be in nubus_print() since that's where
we handle unconfigured devices.

Does that help at all?

-allen

 Wasabi Systems, Inc.             http://www.wasabisystems.com/