Subject: Re: shared object lpthread?
To: MacBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Riccardo Mottola <zuse@libero.it>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/14/2003 23:37:18
on 8/14/03 9:18 PM, Bill Studenmund at wrstuden@netbsd.org wrote:

>> if I look in /usr/pkg/lib i find it howewer, with read&execute permissions
>> for everybody.
>> actually it is a link to libpthread.so.20.20
>
> is there a libpthread.so.20.20?
sure there is! with all correct permissions.
I also removed the package and rebuilt it!

>> I also tried to remove and rebuild the pthread package, to run ldconfig. no
>> success
>>
>> ideas?
>
> I assume you aren't using a package to build this program?
>
> There usually are some tweaks needed to get packages to find libraries
> from other packages, and you might be having problems with that.
no, I am using the project sources (which are said to work on x86).
There are packages of the program (the GNUstep framework) but they lag
behind. Also, they currently don't compile for me as packages and the
binary versions core-dump (even on a cliean installed system).
So I was trying to help finding problems in hand with the gnustep
developers.
But compiling is the first must :) and this error is really strange.

-ric